Simple Room Makeovers
Make Your Mantel Shine This Holiday Season
Hanger of stockings, holder of centerpieces – a mantel plays a big role in setting the holiday scene. Here’s how you can improve yours.
Download Project Instructions
- Fill in any holes or dents with spackle.
- Allow to dry.
- Sand the holes and any rough areas.
- Tape around the mantel.
- Using the 2" angular brush (or a mini roller if your mantel has no detail), paint the front and side of the mantel.
- Paint the top of the mantel.
- Allow the mantel to dry for 24 hours before taping off to begin painting the wall.
- Begin by cutting in around the mantel (and any baseboards, windows, etc.).
- After cutting in, begin to roll your walls, starting from the outside of the wall and working to the other side.
Complete the Look
Everything you need to style your projects this holiday season is available at Walmart.
Prelit Bronze Conical Christmas Trees (set of 2), 3.5 ft
Shatterproof Christmas Tree Ornaments, 50 Count, Multiple Colors
Christmas Decor 21" Red Poinsettia Decorated Centerpiece
LED Wax Pillar Candle 3-inch x 8-inch
Set of 2 LED Wax Pillar Candle
Round Pillar Candle Holder Plate
Quantities are limited and some items may no longer be available.