Crafting & Decorating
Add Holiday Ambiance with a Glass Vase
Hosting for the holidays? Create warm accent lighting for your guests by turning a glass vase into a holiday candle holder.
Download Project Instructions
- Find a well-ventilated area and place the vase on something that you won’t mind getting slightly covered with overspray, like cardboard.
- Remove any debris from the glass.
- Spray a thin coat of paint only on the outside of the vase if you plan on putting a candle inside. Keep these tips in mind when spraying:
- Shake your Krylon® spray can vigorously for two minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the ball within the can begins to rattle.
- Test your spray paint and painting technique on a piece of scrap material until you have achieved a satisfying result.
- Hold your Krylon spray can 6-8 inches away from the vase.
- Spray several thin coats of spray paint instead of one thick coat.
- While spraying, use an even, side-to-side motion and spray off the object, releasing the tip at the end of each pass.
- Overlap your spray pattern by about one-third with each pass.
- Allow to dry.
- Spray a second thin coat on the outside of the vase and allow to dry.
- We stopped after two coats, but you can spray more to adjust the amount of light that shines through the vase. Add coats until you get your desired outcome.
- Add lights and holiday décor of your choice.
Complete the Look
Everything you need to style your projects this holiday season is available at Walmart.
Battery Micro Copper Wire Fairy String Lights Christmas Party Garden Decor
Large Wooden Snowflake Christmas Ornament
Quantities are limited and some items may no longer be available.