Crafting & Decorating
There’s No Decoration Like a Snow Decorations
Bring the snowy landscape vibes indoors with this cool project.
Download Project Instructions
- Find a well-ventilated area and place the vase(s) on something that you won’t mind getting slightly covered with overspray, like cardboard.
- Remove any debris from the vase(s).
- Spray a thin coat of paint only on the outside of the vase(s). Keep these tips in mind when spraying:
- Shake your Krylon® spray can vigorously for two minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the ball within the can begins to rattle.
- Test your spray paint and painting technique on a piece of scrap material until you have achieved a satisfying result.
- Hold your Krylon spray can 6-8 inches away from the vase.
- Spray several thin coats of spray paint instead of one thick coat.
- While spraying, use an even, side-to-side motion and spray off the object, releasing the tip at the end of each pass.
- Overlap your spray pattern by about one-third with each pass.
- Allow the paint to dry between coats. Repeat until the vase(s) is covered.
- After you apply the last coat, don’t let the paint dry completely – just until the paint feels slightly tacky.
- Place a small amount of fake snow in the palm of your hand and blow it onto the vase(s) (or use a blow dryer). Apply as much or little as you want to get the effect you desire.
- Apply a clear coat of paint to seal the snowflakes on the vase. (Optional)
Complete the Look
Everything you need to style your projects this holiday season is available at Walmart.
Christmas Tree Hanging Balls Pine Cones
Berry Stems Pine Branches
Quantities are limited and some items may no longer be available.