Crafting & Decorating
Greet Guests with a Noel Sign
Help guests feel more at home by adding a bit of warmth to yours with a holiday greeting sign.
Download Project Instructions
- Find a well-ventilated area and place the vase on something that you won’t mind getting slightly covered with overspray, like cardboard
- If needed, sand any rough areas on the wood plank.
- Spray a light coat of paint on the wood plank. Keep these tips in mind when spraying:
- Shake your Krylon® spray can vigorously for two minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the ball within the can begins to rattle.
- Test your spray paint and painting technique on a piece of scrap material until you have achieved a satisfying result.
- Hold your Krylon spray can 6-8 inches away from the vase.
- Spray several thin coats of spray paint instead of one thick coat.
- While spraying, use an even, side-to-side motion and spray off the object, releasing the tip at the end of each pass.
- Overlap your spray pattern by about one-third with each pass.
- Allow the paint to dry between coats. Repeat until the plank is covered (we stopped at three coats).
- Remove any debris or sand any rough areas on the letters depending on the material.
- Repeat steps three and four with the letters (we used two coats of paint).
- Allow wood plank and letters to dry for 24 hours.
- Nail the letters and wreath to the wood plank.
Complete the Look
Everything you need to style your projects this holiday season is available at Walmart.
Galvanized Metal Candle Holder Lantern
Large Wooden Snowflake Christmas Ornament
Shatterproof Christmas Tree Ornaments, 50 Count, Multiple Colors
Pre-Lit 9' Liberty Artificial Christmas Garland, Clear Lights
Quantities are limited and some items may no longer be available.