Crafting & Decorating
Rework a Bucket into a Holiday Container
If "add more decorations" is on your holiday bucket list, we can help you scratch it off with this quick and easy project.
Download Project Instructions
- Find a well-ventilated area and place the bucket on something that you won’t mind getting slightly covered with overspray, like cardboard.
- Be sure your bucket is clean and free of debris.
- Spray a thin coat of paint on the outside of the bucket. Keep these tips in mind when spraying:
- Shake your Krylon® spray can vigorously for two minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the ball within the can begins to rattle.
- Test your spray paint and painting technique on a piece of scrap material until you have achieved a satisfying result.
- Hold your Krylon spray can 6-8 inches away from the vase.
- Spray several thin coats of spray paint instead of one thick coat.
- While spraying, use an even, side-to-side motion and spray off the object, releasing the tip at the end of each pass.
- Overlap your spray pattern by about one-third with each pass.
- Spray an additional coat or touch up areas, if needed, so the color remains consistent around the bucket.
- Add greenery or any holiday decorations of your choice!
Complete the Look
Everything you need to style your projects this holiday season is available at Walmart.
Pre-Lit Cooper Flocked Artificial Christmas Tree
Holiday Sentiment Reversible Sign
Shatterproof Christmas Tree Ornaments, 50 Count, Multiple Colors
Water Hyacinth Vanity Basket
Quantities are limited and some items may no longer be available.